Dear members and friends, We are delighted to announce that we are organizing in Brussels (18th to 19th June 2016) the EAN mini-module "Refugees &...
The EAN workshops/mini-modules aim to strengthen the capacity of EAN members in specific fields related to field epidemiology but not always covered during the 2-year fellowship programme. They are 'by the members, for the members', supporting the EAN objectives of sharing and exchanging professional experiences, information and skills among members; as well as taking part and assisting in the promotion, development and delivery of training in field epidemiology, public health and public health microbiology.
The first training module/ workshop to be organised and delivered 'by EAN for EAN' was in Madrid in 2002 (on new survey methods).
Former EAN workshops/ mini-modules include:
- 2016: Refugee and Migrant Health, Brussels; co-ordinated by Iro Evlampidou and Javiera Rebolledo
- 2015: Outbreak Anthropology for Epidemiologists, London; co-ordinated by Georgia Ladbury
- 2013: Molecular Outbreak Epidemiology, 4th November 2013 (pre-ESCAIDE workshop), co-organised with the RIVM
- 2010: Time Series Analysis, 7-9th May 2010, at RKI in Berlin; facilitated by Bernadette Gergonne (EPIET cohort 9)
- 2008: ESCAIDE pre- and post-conference training of trainers (ToT) workshops, Berlin; co-organiser with the Canadian FETP of the 'Dynamic Facilitation' workshop; organiser of the 'Critical Review of Scientific Manuscripts' workshop
- 2008: Geographic Information Systems (GIS II), the Netherlands
- 2007: Geographic Information Systems (GIS I), in Zarragosa, Spain
- 2006: Lab for intervention epidemiologists ('Lab-for-epi'), 1st- 3rd December 2006, under the scientific coordination of Marion Koopmans, at the RIVM in the Netherlands
- Training the trainers, SMI, Sweden
- Syndromic surveillance, Lyon
- 2002: New survey methods, in Madrid.
In light of the continuing Ebola outbreak in West Africa, on May 18-19 2015 the EAN held a workshop entitled “Outbreak anthropology for epidemiologists” in London, UK,...
Roin a bibendum nibh. Nunc fermentum sit amet mi nec consequat. Praesent porttitor nulla sit amet dui sembre ka lobortis. Can this will get through...
Cras venenatis erat ac massa ultricies, sollicitudin ullamcorper justo elementum. Donec eu molestie odio, et congue enim. Maecenas pharetra lorem eu viverra aliquam. Vivamus commodo...