At the EAN GA in November 2018 some EAN members expressed the interest an EAN mini-module on Social Media for Public Health professionals.
To help the organisation, the EAN board would appreciate if you complete the questionnaire below:
Expression of interest form
Provisional details (still to be confirmed/decided):
- Date: September 2019
- Location: to be decided
- Length: 1-2 days
Preliminary mini-module content:
- Introduction to Social Media (SoMe) platforms
- Use of SoMe at personal/professional/institutional levels
- Explore/discuss the role and pros/cons of SoMe for:
- professional networking/ foster collaborations
- find relevant material/information/research
- share own research/findings
- get input from peers
- communicating with public (e.g. public health campaigns, emergencies/outbreaks, hard-to-reach populations)
- surveillance and outbreak detection
Preliminary format: lectures and case studies/simulation exercises.
Thank you, your input is much appreciated.