This year, ESCAIDE is returning back to Stockholm, Sweden and will take place from 27 to 29 November 2019.
The event will be hosted at the Brewery Conference Centre, in the southern district of the city.
ESCAIDE stands for European Scientific Conference on Applied Infectious Disease Epidemiology and is one of the leading conferences in its area attracting epidemiologists, microbiologists, clinicians, veterinarians, public health professionals, policy makers and other health professionals from Europe and around the world.
The plenary sessions will address a range of important topics, from health security to vaccine confidence, the microbiome, public health research priorities and climate change:
- "Health security and preparedness: lessons from Ebola", Mike Ryan, World Health Organisation,Switzerland
- "Vaccine confidence in a post-factual world”, Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Gaissmaier, Social Psychology and Decision Sciences University of Konstanz & Dr. Robb Butler, UNICEF
- “The microbiome: what you need to know”, Dr. Sean Gibbons, Institute for Systems Biology, United States of AmericaProf. Debby Bogaert, The University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- “How should public health research priorities be defined, and what should they be”?, Dr. Ed Whiting, Wellcome Trust, United Kingdom, Dr. Lina Moses, School of Public Health & Tropical Medicine/ Tulane University, United States of America and Dr. Jean-Claude Desenclos, IANPHI, Public Health France
- “Climate change: Addressing the public health challenge in Europe”, Dr. Henriette DeValk, Public Health France
EAN is participating once more to ESCAIDE and in collaboration with ECDC and EPIET and EUPHEM fellows, is organizing a number of events!
The EAN prize for the best oral and poster presentation
The photo contest open to all conference attendees
The Career Compass
The EAN Annual General Assembly
More information is coming soon.
We hope to see you there!