*Save the date* Workshop: Using R for outbreak analytics Facilitated by EAN and RECON Two-day pre-ESCAIDE workshop on epidemiological data analysis in R including descriptive...
The EAN workshops/mini-modules aim to strengthen the capacity of EAN members in specific fields related to field epidemiology but not always covered during the 2-year fellowship programme. They are 'by the members, for the members', supporting the EAN objectives of sharing and exchanging professional experiences, information and skills among members; as well as taking part and assisting in the promotion, development and delivery of training in field epidemiology, public health and public health microbiology.
The first training module/ workshop to be organised and delivered 'by EAN for EAN' was in Madrid in 2002 (on new survey methods).
Former EAN workshops/ mini-modules include
- 2017: Refugee and Migrant Health, Athens; co-ordinated by Iro Evlampidou and Javiera Rebolledo and MediPIET
- 2017: Introduction to nosocomial infections: Surveillance, prevention and outbreak response, coordinated by Katherina Zakikhany, Nina Stock and Elisabeth Aichinger
- 2016: Refugee and Migrant Health, Brussels; coordinated by Iro Evlampidou and Javiera Rebolledo
- 2015: Outbreak Anthropology for Epidemiologists, London; coordinated by Georgia Ladbury
- 2013: Molecular Outbreak Epidemiology, 4th November 2013 (pre-ESCAIDE workshop), co-organised with the RIVM
- 2010: Time Series Analysis, 7-9th May 2010, at RKI in Berlin; facilitated by Bernadette Gergonne (EPIET cohort 9)
- 2008: ESCAIDE pre- and post-conference training of trainers (ToT) workshops, Berlin; co-organiser with the Canadian FETP of the 'Dynamic Facilitation' workshop; organiser of the 'Critical Review of Scientific Manuscripts' workshop
- 2008: Geographic Information Systems (GIS II), the Netherlands
- 2007: Geographic Information Systems (GIS I), in Zarragosa, Spain
- 2006: Lab for intervention epidemiologists ('Lab-for-epi'), 1st- 3rd December 2006, under the scientific coordination of Marion Koopmans, at the RIVM in the Netherlands
- Training the trainers, SMI, Sweden
- Syndromic surveillance, Lyon
- 2002: New survey methods, in Madrid.
EAN Module on “Introduction to nosocomial infections: Surveillance, prevention and outbreak response”, Würzburg, Germany, 30 June – 1 July 2017
In June 2017 the first EAN mini-module on “Introduction to nosocomial infections: Surveillance, prevention and outbreak response” took place in Würzburg, Germany. A total of 22...
Introduction Since the beginning of the Syrian war in 2011, more than 4.9 million refugees are out of Syria and hosted in Middle-Eastern and North...
Refugee and Migrant Health Workshop - Brussels, 18-19 June 2016 Introduction: In 2015, more than 1 million refugees and migrants have reached Europe through the...
In light of the continuing Ebola outbreak in West Africa, on May 18-19 2015 the EAN held a workshop entitled “Outbreak anthropology for epidemiologists” in London, UK,...